With some heavy showers coming down in recent past hours, weather in Kolkata is pleasant and brings a great relief from scorching summer heat. Well that’s what you wish when summer heat makes life rather erratic in this part of the world.
With this pleasant weather here, leaves swaying to the cozy south wind, and birds chirping, getting drenched and quenching their thirst, nature breathed fresh at last.
A day old flowers shaken by gutsy south wind and fallen off from their mother branches.
Trees and plants doused with shower, even the children’s park swing seemed to be at ease,enjoying this pleasant weather.
Do you know this fruit below ?
Many tiny ripples like hot popping popcorns in this big temporary puddle formed due to heavy drizzle.And the wind roaring again with great humming sound ,telling it's not over yet dear.
Fallen leaves and the flowers by the sides of this temporary puddle make a splendid view.
I generally like to warm up to my day watching all the activities from a small window in our room ,with a cup of tea. And today it was raining and windy, a pleasant change to scorching summer heat.
I couldn’t stop myself from clicking above pictures. Hubby dear was getting ready for his office as usual,without even asking anything ,told me"I do hope this is for your blog,isn't!!" .Well he left the room with a witty smile on his face.
And the little one who has two more days left ,before her school starts again after her month long summer vacation ,was slightly awaken perhaps due to the roaring sound of the gutsy wind.
She opened her eyes just for a second and gave a smile and then again wrapped herself up with the sheet well, cozying up to the warmth of the sheet.And covering her face well with the sheet ,she said ”I want to sleep more.”And I thought ah! Innocent, sweet, childhood days are best phase of one's life.
Parent-in-laws were engrossed with their little chit-chat in the adjacent room. Their chit-chat revolves around weather and their grand-daughter, were also seemed to be enjoying this pleasent weather as well.
The clock echoed 8 ‘o clock and I was kind of awaken from this bliss, realized that it’s now time to prepare our breakfast.
With this change in weather, I thought perhaps I should also start updating my little blog here.
I can’t recall when I made this lobhia curry or black eye bean curry. But it was saved in my draft so here it is.
A very delicious preparation and even if you have any left-over, you may very well be able to have it with muri/puffed rice as breakfast.
Lobhia curry/black eyed pea curry
Black eye pea- about 1 -1/2 cup
2 medium size onions
5-6 garlic medium size clove
½ inch ginger chopped finely
1 tsp of turmeric powder
2 tsp of red pepper powder
1 tsp of cumin powder
2 tsp of coriander powder
Salt as per taste
Pinch of sugar
2-3 tbs of cooking oil
¼ inch cinnamon stick
2 tej patta or bay leaf
- Wash the beans very well in water and then soak them overnight in water. If you forget to soak them the other night. Soak them in warm water for 4-5 hrs.
- Chop all onions, garlic and ginger very finely. Chop tomato.
- Meanwhile put the black eye beans to pressure cook. These beans tend to cook quickly. One whistle at high and lower the flame, cook for 8-10 mints. Open when pressure subsides; add in extra warm water in case it has become dry. Adding cold water will stop the over-cooking in case you see soggy beans after pressure cooking, just like you would generally do in cooking the pasta.
- Heat up a saucepan, add oil and then add in cloves, cardamom, tej patta, cinnamon stick. Fry all in a low flame.
- Now add in ginger/garlic. Fry well for 3-4 mints. Add in onions, fry well for 3-4 mints.
- Now add in the dry ingredients-turmeric, cumin, coriander, red pepper powder and salt with little bit of water. Add in chopped tomato.
- Fry well the masala for 10-15 mints at med-low flame, sprinkling little bit of water .Add this prepared masala to the pressure cooked beans.
- Mix well and cook till the masala incorporates well. Add in butter or cream later at the time of serving.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend.Happy Cooking Friends
Sending this to MLLA-36.A brainchild of Susan at Well Seasoned Cook, now being hosted for this month at Served With Love by Aqua. Hop on to those above links to know more.