-->

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quinoa with scrambled egg


Hi all, it's day second .I was in a mood to re-create something experimental, so thought of making quinoa pronounced as “keen-wah”.Quinoa is considered as whole-grain but in real it is a seed.This can be cooked like rice.This provides all 9 esential amino acids and is gluten free and is cholesterol free.
Don’t forget to read another light-hearted Post by Sra on Quinoa.
I had mine in a small bowl with scrambled egg to accompany. Fried some onions and added some chopped vegetable available in my pantry and viola I was ready with my lunch in about half an hour.
So, here is how I prepared.
Quinoa Upma with scrambled egg bowl
Serves -3
1 cup of quinoa
Cook according to package direction. It will make double the quantity.
Or in a boiling salted water in a saucepan , add washed quinoa and cook at medium flame for 10-12 mints til the germ separates out.
Now to the tempering
1 tsp of mustard seeds
2 tbs of oil
Heat up a saucepan, add oil and temper it with mustard seeds.
Add in 1 medium size chopped onion.
Now add in the cooked vegetables of your choice or you may use any frozen vegetables (it takes less time to cook frozen vegetables like corn and green peas.)
Now to the seasoning
2 tsp of red pepper powder
2-3 green chilly
And salt as per taste
Add all the seasoning to the fried vegetables. Mix in well.
Add in cooked quinoa. Mix in well with the seasonings.
Serve with scrambled egg.


Happy Cooking and see you tomorrow

11 comments:

  1. Jodio quinoa kokhono khaini, scrambled eggs er shonge ami shob kichui khete pari.
    All the best Jaya ... keep it up ... just 5 more days to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great start Jaya...keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharmila,
    scrambled egg ba scrambled paneer amar khete bhishon bhalo lagey.Yes,5 days more..dekhi koto dor niye jeti pari eyi challange ta :-).

    Joyeeta,
    thanks :-)..

    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unique & an interesting one jaya, looks good as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quinoa presented the Indian way! Two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ami weekend e berate giechilam ese tomar sab post gulo dekhlam. quinoa'r katha khub shuni. scrambled egg die khub bhalo satisfying easy meal. loved the pabda macher jhal.
    7 dine 7ta recipe'r idea ta besh bhalo. last year end e amarao Nupur er sange eta korechilam. All the best...keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sushma,
    yes,but we liked this way more :).

    Pree,
    Indian spices is like that anythings gets even more better.Quinoa made like upma is now my fav way to prepare anything quick and healthy.

    Sayantani,
    hain ,ami ekbaar bhebhechilaam je sabaye ke bolbo sathe participate korar jonno, kinto nijer oper eto confidence chilo na je ami 7 days tante parbo ki na..dekhi baki din e ki recipe present korte pari..
    kothaye ghorte ghiyechile :-)..

    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jaya how wonderful to see you after a long time..I am glad you discovered my other one..:))..I hope I told you that your new header looks fantastic....hope things are fine with you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Srivalli,
    yes,you told me about the header,thanks for liking it and I just loved your new blog ,I will be reading it what i missed during these days.
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaya, this is one of those daily posts that I missed. Just noticed it when I re-read my quinoa post now. You may not believe it but I was wondering how scrambled eggs would taste with quinoa and then decided they wouldn't be great (all without trying :) ). I must say your dish looks mighty good and I initially thought that pink stuff was bacon, not onion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sra,
    Really scrambled egg was delicious with Quinoa...Bacon,never tasted though..I presume that may go well with quinoa ..thanks for reading this post :)...
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.