My heart was crying seeing the live footage of Japanese tsunami and its havoc on innocent people. This almost reminds me of the first tsunami that hit in 2005.May god give the people of Japan strength and courage to stand up against nature’s adversity and cruelness. This shows, us humans are mere puppets in strong hands of nature. Hope this gives us some time to think again not to abuse the natural resources and respect Mother Nature.
We often used to have these giant cookies at our favorite eating joint while living in London, where we would occasionally indulge ourselves in eating some good sandwiches. My Hubby dear liked these cookies. And well he was amazed when he found out that it’s home-made by me, only complain was that these cookies do not remain fresh after 2-3 days.Any reasons?
- 2 cups of all purpose flour/maida
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ¾ cup of melted butter
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- 1 tbs of vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup of white semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Gently blend the dry flour mixture with the wet ingredients-butter, sugar, egg and vanilla essence.
- Preheat oven at 165 deg C or 325 deg F.
- Mix in semi sweet chocolate chips. I had white semi sweet chocolate chips, but dark chocolate chips can be used as well.
- Now refrigerate the dough for 2-3 hrs prior of making cookies.
- Now take out the dough and scoop large spoons of the dough and place them over the baking sheet.
- A gap of 3-4 inches should be left as these cookies tend to increase while at baking.
- Bake the cookies at 165 deg C for 15-18 mints or till the edges are slightly toasted.
- Take them out and let it cool over the baking sheet, transfer to the wire rack finally and let it cool.
- Enjoy with a cup of warm milk.
- These cookies have short shelf life so eat them within 2-3 days of making.
- These are absolutely delicious and big fat chewy cookies and remind us of cookies available at our favorite eating joint.
Wishing everybody a very happy Holi.
May Colours bring joy and happiness to you and your loved ones life .