We like eating various types of muffins.DD has been particularly asking for quite some time now to make chocolate chip muffins, like the ones available here in supermarkets. Now, I have tried making Eggless Chocolate Muffin in past, which always turn out moist whenever I have had baked them.
Kids tend to develop flavors with each passing years I guess. Initial few years, it was apple muffins/buns .So, was making these Apple Buns quite a lot. Then it was time for egg less chocolate muffins and now her current favorite is Chocolate chip muffin. Well, I thought why not make them. What are Christmas holidays without Christmas goodies?
I have never used self raising flour to make muffins earlier, so never knew how that might end up. I have made pancakes, ice-cream cake rolls with self raising flour earlier. To be honest I do think good quality flour is sufficient to make decent muffin. But in case, you expect kind of a texture angel cupcakes have, light and spongy soft , I would say go ahead make muffins with self raising flour.
Here is how the recipe goes
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes- 12 large muffins
- About 2 cups of self raising flour
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of cooking oil
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup of chocolate chip preferably milk chocolate chip
- 3-4 tbs of thick yogurt
- 2 large free range eggs
- Sieve in flour and then add cinnamon powder, baking powder and baking soda.TIP- Use premium quality self raising flour for soft and light muffin. Add in the chocolate chips to the flour mixture and reserve some to be used later at the time of baking.
- Now mix in cooking oil and sugar in a separate mixing bowl. Add egg one at a time mixing very well.
- Add in yogurt and mix well with other wet ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips to flour mixture.
- Now start mixing the flour mixture with oil+sugar+egg+yogurt mixture slowly, till all the flour mixture has been used up.
- Preheat an oven at 175 deg C. Line up the muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Scoop about 1 large tbs of the above prepared batter and fill the muffin cases. This much of the batter makes 12 large size muffins.
- Bake for 20-22 mints or till a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Let it cool a bit 10-15 mints on wire rack. Now transfer the muffin in air tight containers and store them in refrigerator. When having it for breakfast or as a simple snack. Pop it in M/W and microwave at high for 10-15 sec.Viola you are ready to eat.
Happy Cooking Friends