A healthy snack can be a salad as well. This mint, alfalfa sprouts and roasted chicken salad fits in to this category perfectly. If you have some-left over chicken you can use up in this salad as well. Alfalfa sprouts are considered rich in minerals and have multiple health benefits. Mint leaves gives a nice aromatic flavour to this salad. This salad can be paired up with Mexican Burritos as sides or you can make them as main dish as well, just increase roasted chicken pieces to add lean proteins in to this salad.
Here is how you can assemble the salad
Mint Alfalfa sprouts Cherry tomato and Roasted Chicken salad
- 5-6 mint twigs
- About half cup of alfalfa sprouts
- About quarter cup of garlic sprouts
- 1 cup of cherry tomato or 12-15 cherry tomatoes cut into half
- 1 cup of roasted chicken small bite-size pieces
- Take out fresh leaves from mint twigs. Clean mint leaves, alfalfa and garlic sprouts well in water.
- Chop mint leaves finely. Chop roasted chicken in to bite size pieces (I have used chicken breast portions from this roasted chicken recipe).
- In a big mixing bowl, add in mint leaves, alfalfa and garlic sprouts.
- Add in cherry tomatoes cut in to half to the above.
- Add in roasted chicken and mix well all.
- Adjust seasoning with salt.
- Add in 1 tsp of olive oil and toss well.
- Serve and enjoy with some burritos or quesadillas as sides.
Happy Cooking Friends