-->

Friday, March 26, 2010

Banana Corn Muffin


Last time when I baked apple muffin in bun tray they turn out like this , however this time I made banana muffin in a proper muffin tray. I had some frozen corn left, so thought of adding them to the muffin batter. They turn out soft and were very much enjoyed by my folks.
Now in this part of the world, spring season has started.So; I am doing up my spring cleaning sessions in home and also clearing up my draft posts. There are three more draft posts that needs some sunshine, will post them soon.
Yesterday, I was talking to my sister back home .She is busy with her new born and was complaining about the heat waves in the month of March. It is pretty hot back home and makes life difficult with a newborn baby.
Anyways there is one more week to my daughter's Easter holiday. Kids I tell you when they stay back home, you suddenly feel you have additional chores to do, I end up tidying and managing toys ,books ,clothes,colours/crayons etc more often than logging into my computer.
I feel there are so much better things to do than watching cartoons or TV during holidays. We are planning for some craft –works during holidays.We have plans to make treasure box and party caps.Lets see how things turn out.
These are some of the craft work we did in the past, if you wish you may go Here
Do you have any ideas regarding kid-crafts, then why not share it here, I will really appreciate it.
Now to the recipe,adapted from Here
Banana Corn muffin
Recipe requirements
makes-12-14
1 and ½ cup of all-purpose flour (Maida)
2-3 tsp of flour for coating corn
3 bananas pureed or mashed (I prefer mashed)
½ cup of frozen corn
¾ cup of sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup of melted butter or cooking oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract

Method
Cream together butter and sugar (I have made this with normal cooking oil, and trust me they turn out even more soft and light). Add egg and mashed bananas, mixing in well.
Add vanilla extract to the above.
In a microwave safe bowl, cook frozen corn with some water for 1-2 mints at high or till they turn out soft. Coat them well with flour. Keep aside.
In a separate bowl, gently sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
Now add the flour mixture and the egg+butter+sugar +banana mixture alternately up to 2 -3 times till the banana mixture is used up. Gently fold in cooked corn.
Meanwhile preheat the oven at 175 deg Celsius (fan assisted)
In a prepared muffin tray, scrap the batter in to each mould and bake it for 25-30 mints (place them in second shelf) or till a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of muffin. Check for your make of oven and read the manual for proper baking time and temperature.
Cool it for 5-6 mints. Take out and enjoy.
You can whip up some cream and decorate it with some gems for the kiddos or enjoy plain with out cream.

Note
You may use any normal cooking oil , I have made this one with sunflower oil.
You may use frozen blueberries in place of corn, but don’t forget to adjust the sweetness of the batter.

Happy Cooking

8 comments:

  1. yum! those look absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh wow!Liked your muffins...notun rokomer:)Hope to try it out this weekend or maybe the Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful looking muffins Jaya! Ami banana ar walnut shobshomoye banai. That's a great idea of adding corns .. ami next time ei rokom e banabo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How unusual, banana and corn! They look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply life,
    thanks for stoping by :)..

    W3,
    hain try koro ,bhalo lagbe :)..

    Sharmila,
    banana and walnut is a classic combo ..eyi ta O mondo hoyeni ..parle try kore dekhbe..

    Sra,
    yeah banana+cornmeal muffin I used to prepare back in US..just that I thought of adding some left-over frozen corn this time..thanks!

    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both the corn, ( next time I too shall add this to the banana), and those delicious apple rendition, your previous post. love your appetizing pictures! Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corn na diye korte pari eta ? Dhoro walnuts dilam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naz,
    yeah it's a pleasure to see you and thanks for liking both the muffins recipe

    Sandeepa,
    Sure , walnuts ekto roughly chop kore ,batter e mix korle hi hobe ,bhalo lagbe khete....

    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.