-->

Monday, January 31, 2011

Chirey'r Ladoo or Poha Ladoo - Rice Flakes ladoos


I had some Chirey I mean poha or rice flakes in my pantry. So, thought of making these again and then it reminded that I haven’t yet posted this recipe so far. Now if I say this recipe was saved in my draft from last year Durga Puja, then would you believe that? Isn’t such a shame. But then that’s me for you.
While writing this I know I have to make another batch for munching.
I don’t know how your weekend was. Hopefully you have some “me and my time” to catch up with the things you love to do. No, I am not talking about logging into net and browse. I am talking about spending time with your loved ones and doing things together as a family. And if you have some spare time in coming weeks, then listen to some good old Hindi songs, while you munch these ladoos with a good book in hand. Now, that’s what I would call my “me and my time” for a change.




Now to the recipe
Chirer ladoo/Rice flake ladoos
(Measurements are approx)
2 cups of poha/rice flakes/chirey
½ cup of sugar
½ cup of condensed milk
2-3 tbs of butter
1-2 tsp of cardamom powder


Method
In a saucepan, roast the chirey/poha/rice flakes with very little butter for 5-7 mints at low flame, string continuously.
Now let it cool. Melt in butter either in M/W or over stove –top.
Transfer the cooled rice flakes/poha/chirey to a mixer. Add in sugar and then make a smooth powder.
Now transfer this smooth powder to a saucepan or kadai or a wok.
Over a medium flame, start mixing it well. Sugar will start to melt and then the chirey/rice flake/poha powder will start to collect.
Add in the condensed milk and butter. Add in cardamom powder.
Keep stirring the mixture. When it starts to collect well, take out in a plate.Entire procedure will take 10-15 mints.
Let it cool it a bit. Roll into small rounds or ladoo shapes.
When the ladoos are cooled, they tend to harden a bit.
You can have it as snacks or pack in your lunch-box.
Store in air-tight container, stays fresh for 4-5 days. Enjoy your crunchy-munchy rice flakes ladoos.
For extra goodness, you may add in some cashew powder as well.

A similar recipe I found in Chandrika’s “Akshaypatra”..Here...

Happy Cokking Friends

6 comments:

  1. Cute and damn tempting laddoos,feel like gobbing some..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poha ladoo looks so cute..inviting and delicious ladoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tasted Chirer ladoo,but the ones you made seem yummy!Thanks for a nice recipe...a new one for me!Will give it a try sometime very soon:)

    Cheers!
    Wit,wok&wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious we make a little different

    ReplyDelete
  5. will try this soon,...thnks for sharing,..;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priya,
    :-) ..thanks!

    suja,
    thanks you..hugs

    W3,
    thanks!

    Torview,
    share your recipe as well..would love to try..hugs..

    priyanka,
    yeah, let me know how it turn out..

    Thanks all for coming here..

    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.