How many times you can watch a movie? Two times .Three times.
I ,we have been watching “Lion King” for 10 times now and each time we
see it, we find something new and amazing about it.
We slowly have started liking, watching cartoon films (yeah that is how most of our weekend evenings are spent now).Credits goes to our adorable DD who insists on watching it with us.
But interesting thing to mention here is that each time we see it, there is always some hidden message. So, will go with what Timon and Pumbaa sings “Hakunamatata”…You will think we have gone nuts. But trust me “Hakunamatata” philosophy does help…so for the time being I am in that mood “problem free philosophy” even in cooking food. So, I do think soups needs less tension and time to be prepared but when it comes to nutrition and benefits they excel...don’t they...
This week it’s soup week here. Barley as you all know is a healthy alternative to rice or wheat. So, whenever I feel like having something different other than eating rice for lunch, most of the time I end up eating soups made with barley.
Sweet corn and carrots do add nice and healthy nutrients and some color also to this soup. And this is really will be great way to eat healthy after last week’s filo pastry indulgence.
Pearl Barley Sweet corn and Carrot soup
- ½ cup of barley
- 1 cup of sweet corn
- 2 carrots
- 8-10 penne pasta
- 1 tomato
- 2 garlic pods
- ½ inch of ginger
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of crushed black pepper
- Cut and chop vegetables roughly. Finely chop garlic and ginger.
- In a pressure cooker add in 4-5 cups of water. You can use vegetable or chicken broth in place of plain water.
- Now add in all the chopped vegetables- tomato, carrots, garlic and ginger. Adjust the seasonings with salt and crushed black pepper. Add in sweet corn.
- Now add in washed barley and also penne pasta.
- Lock the pressure cooker and let it have one whistle. Lower the flame and cook for 3-4 mints. Switch off, open when the pressure subsides.
Serve warm with some toasted bread.
Sending this soup to Priya's Healthy Diet Event- Warm Soup at Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes...............
Happy Cooking Friends