Now that Chinese New year celebrations have ended in our neck of the woods, shops and shopping malls are now decorated with V-day themes. Well, nothing wrong in decorations and shopping for V-day. But to each, for having their personal views, and I am like we don’t need a particular day to fall in love and express love. It can be any day or probably every day. So, V-day or not, love every day, time is running out, if you love/like anyone say it, and don’t hold back. Love almighty god, your parents, your siblings and your family first and last but not the least love yourself for what and who you are. Unless you love yourself or be happy, you cannot love others and make others happy. Ok, dearies no more ranting for today. So, enjoy and have great V-day celebrations, whatever way you all prefer.
We have been craving for some chocolate dessert for a while and what better way in indulging than having chocolate panna cotta.
Now to the recipe
Chocolate Panna Cotta ( Suitable for Vegetarian)
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 400 ml cream
- 6-7 heaped tbs of caster sugar
- 5-6 heaped tbs of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of instant coffee
- 3-4 tsp of agar –agar powder
- Put a large pot with milk, cream and sugar on cooking. Let it come to one boil.
- In a separate cup take 2-3 tbs of warm milk and dissolve agar-agar powder.
- Mix in cocoa powder and instant coffee powder. Add in agar –agar with milk and keep on stirring till all mix well.
- Now add the above cocoa powder mixture to the boiling milk and cream mixture. Keep on stirring for another 8-10 mints at medium flame. Now switch off the flame. Let it cool a bit.
- Pour in bowls /cups and cool. Refrigerate them in panna cotta moulds or what ever you would be using to set.
- Set in fridge for 5-6 hrs. Take out and serve.
- You can use gelatin instead of agar-agar if it’s not available.
- This recipe is suitable for vegetarian as agar –agar is a great substitute for gelatin which is derived from animal products.
Wish you all a very happy V-day.