-->

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Kiwi Salsa Recipe



I had a batch of kiwis lying in my fruit basket and I wanted to utilize in a different way. Some would suggest a kiwi smoothie, which I find somewhat mundane. I needed to pair things up with kiwi as their tangy and juicy taste goes well in an appetizer like a salsa. This Kiwi salsa is the outcome of that quest. I would say it is a keeper recipe. You can have it with loads of tortilla chips  if you are a fan of having less cheesy version of Mexican food or as side with main course meal. 


I had served it with grilled salmon and asparagus. The recipe was well received by my folks.

I have stopped using my DSLR camera and now rely only on mobile camera for blog pictures. The pictures I believe has come out nice as well, at least it serves the purpose.

Now to the tangy recipe of Kiwi salsa
Kiwi Salsa Recipe
Recipe requirements
  • 4 kiwis
  • 1 medium size white onion
  • Half cucumber approx 1 cup 
  • Half large red bell pepper approx 1/2 cup 
  •  ½ cup of chopped coriander leaves

 Seasoning
  • Salt as per taste
  • ½ tsp of red chilli pepper powder
  • 1 tsp of cumin powder
  •  ½ tsp of freshly grounded black pepper powder
  •  2-3 tsp of olive oil



Method
  • Cut and chop all – Kiwi, onions, cucumber, coriander leaves and red bell pepper into small pieces.
  • In a big salad bowl mix in all the chopped kiwi, onion, cucumber and red bell pepper with seasonings – cumin powder, red chilli powder and freshly grounded black pepper powder.
  • Refrigerate for about 2-3 hrs before serving.
  • Just when you are about to serve, add in salt as per taste and olive oil , toss well.. Enjoy tangy Kiwi salsa.
Happy Cooking Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.