-->

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Posto'r Bora- Pan Fried Poppy seed paste Fritters



We have had a good spell of rain to cool off the raised summer temperature over here. And fried stuff specially fritters are integral part of rainy season /Monsoon. I generally don’t do much fried stuff specially pakodas or cutlets these days. But that was a different day. I had some poppy seed paste (posto bata) and I was reluctant to use it in a Jhinge posto( ridge gourd with poppy seeds paste - recipe link-Here) or aloo posto ( potatoes with poppy seed paste - recipe link- Here) nor I was interested to make posto murgi ( chicken with poppy seed paste Recipe Link Here).
I asked my better half and my daughter about Posto’r bora and they absolutely liked the idea of having them.
I recalled, my mother making posto r bora in a deep fry pan/kadai as kind of deep fried. However, I have shallow fried them over Tava/iron skillet. This time I had a non-stick tava, which I utilized for this purpose.
Here is how, I have prepared them



Posto’r bora- Pan fried Poppy Seed Fritters
Recipe requirements (Makes 6-8)
  • 100 gms of poppy seeds
  • 4 tbs of besan
  • 1 tsp of red pepper powder
  • 1 tsp of freshly grounded black pepper
  •  Half cup of chopped onion
  • 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
  • 1 tsp of grated ginger
  • Salt as per taste
  •  4-5 tbs of cooking oil

Method
  • Soak poppy seeds for about 3-4 hrs in water. Grind them into to a smooth paste in a mixer grinder with some water.
  • In a big mixing bowl, take the smooth poppy seed paste, chopped onion, chopped green chillies and grated ginger. Add in besan/black gram flour.
  • Add in red pepper powder, freshly ground black pepper and salt.
  • Now whisk and mix the contents very well.
  • Heat up a flat fry pan or iron skillet. Now when the pan is ready, add in 1-2 tsp of cooking oil.
  • Now with the help of spoon, drop the fritter batter on the hot fry pan. Spread the batter so that they become somewhat flat. Make about 4 fritters at one time. Now drop some more oil, by sides of the fritters for an even fry.
  • It takes about 3-4 mints each side for proper frying at medium flame. Take out and drain over kitchen towels. Serve and enjoy with warm cooked rice or tea as snacks.



Happy Cooking Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.