A very easy breezy recipe for mushroom and chicken soup. Usually flour is added with milk to give a thick texture for the cream of soup. But I have made in a different way and short-cut way .Penne pasta is pressure cooked with chicken legs and mushroom. When they all are cooked well, made a puree in a food processor and viola it’s ready to be served.
You may use potatoes in place of penne pasta to make a thick soup.
2 chicken leg pieces or chicken breast cubes
1 box of mushroom or 250 g of mushroom chopped
2 onions chopped
2 garlic pods
Few tsp of ginger
1 cup of penne pasta
1 tsp of black pepper powder
2 tsp of salt
1 tbs of butter
½ cup of cream
- Chop all mushroom, onion, garlic, ginger, tomato and carrot.
- Add in 1 tbs of butter. Sauté the chicken and vegetables for two to three minutes.
- Now fill in about 5-6 cups of water in a pressure cooker pan.
- Add in black pepper powder and salt as per taste.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid with the whistle. At high flame one whistle and then lower the flame, cook it at low for 7-10 mints.
- And then stop the cooking process, turning off the burner/hob.
- Let the pressure subside completely. Unlock the pressure cooker lid from the pressure cooker pan.
- Let it cool a bit. Then puree it in the blender or food processor.
- At the time of serving add in cream and little bit of more butter reheating the soup again.
- You are ready with easy cream of chicken and mushroom soup. Now do you really need the canned soups anymore ?
Will see you all next week, enjoy your weekend.