Hope you all had a fabulous Independence Day celebrations. Well, we also had a small ceremony in our housing complex with flag hosting, sweet distributing etc.Kids had a great day out in our communal garden with colorful dresses and waving India’s flag.
Coming to the recipe of the day
I have made these wraps whenever I have run out of ideas for quick fixing the dinner. And they have always being appreciated by my folks. These tortilla wraps are wickedly delicious.
A dash of Mexican cuisine and some dose of Indian spices, what you get are these delicious filling curried mushroom tortilla wraps.
This can go well in your kiddo’s lunch-box and elder’s lunch box as well. Or you can quick fix a meal if you are planning to go out for a picnic.
Kashundi as many Bengalis know is a more or less a preparation of mustard seeds to get a consistency of mustard sauce.Kashundi as a dressing to these tortilla wraps add a nice punch or a kick to the overall taste and flavor. If you don’t like the pungency of kashundi then you may add mayonnaise or Herbed Tartar sauce..
Curried Mushroom Tortilla Wraps
(Makes-4-5 Tortilla wraps)
About 250 gms of mushroom1 medium size onions
2 garlic pods
1 tsp of ginger chopped finely
For the Seasonings¼ tsp of Grounded turmeric
1 tsp of grounded red pepper
1 tsp of coriander powder
About 2tbs of oil to fry the mushrooms with seasonings
4 tortilla wraps
some lettuce leaves
some chopped tomato rings/onion rings/shredded carrots etc
For the dressing2 tbs of mayonnaise
2 tbs of tomato ketchup
1 tsp of kashundi or mustard sauce/ or you may use Tartar sauce
- Chop mushroom into four pieces if the mushrooms are big in size otherwise if you are using small mushrooms then no need to cut them.
- Now heat up a saucepan, and add cooking oil.
- Add in onions, ginger, garlic and sauté them for 4-7 mints at med-high flame.
- Now add in chopped mushrooms. Fry well at med-high flame till they release water.
- Add all the seasonings-turmeric, red pepper, coriander and salt.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes. Cover the pan and cook till you get semi dry gravy.
- Stop and then let it cool a little bit.
- Generally I like to warm tortilla wraps before stuffing, but then if you feel you can warm a little bit in M/W after filling with stuffing.
- Generously coat the tortillas with mayonnaise, and then add the stuffing of curried mushroom.
- Place some lettuce leaves, chopped onion rings, sliced cucumber or shredded carrots.
- Add in tomato ketchup or mustard sauce/ kashundi in Bengali as final dressing.
- And you are ready with an easy curried tortilla wraps with kasundi dressings.
- Check for salt, most of the dressings-tomato ketchup or kashundi/mustard sauce comes with salt added to it.
- This gravy can be made with tofu/paneer/chicken cubes as well.
Happy Cooking Friends