As promised in last post , here is simple, quick and easy carrot soup recipe for you. About a fortnight ago when it was raining and temperatures were not much high, we used to have this carrot soup often. As we were all down with seasonal cough and cold. This steaming hot bowl of soup was so refreshing and soothing for our sore throat infections as well. Ginger and black peppers as you all know are considered good remedy for sore throat infections and cough and cold as well.
1 large carrot2 medium size tomatos
1 medium size potato
2 garlic pods½ inch ginger root
Seasonings1 tsp of black pepper powder
½ tsp of cumin powder
1 tsp of salt
- Wash carrot, tomato well in water.
- Then with the help of potato peeler, shave the outer rough parts of carrot.
- Now in a pressure cook, fill in about 3-4 cups of water.
- Add in chopped tomato, potato, carrot, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Adjust the seasoning with black pepper powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Lock the pressure cooker, one whistle at high flame, lower the flame and cook further for 5-7 mints.
- Let the pressure subside, and then open the pressure cooker lid.
- Let it cool a little bit. About half an hour later, pulse this entire gravy with vegetables in any food processor.
- Adjust the seasonings. Add butter, ginger juliennes and finely chopped green chilies.
Serve steaming hot.
Happy Cooking Friends