What would I say? There are recipes which won’t go wrong even if you carelessly put the ingredients and toss it in hurry. And then you will find that you have become habitual of doing it even with closed eyes. Little bit exaggeration, I know , but trust me this mini naan pizza is what I was referring to.And I don’t need to do take-away for pizza during weekends and that is where this recipe scores.So, DH and DD always do a "Farmaish" every weekend for these cute and lip-smacking mini naan pizza.
Left-over naan is used as base for the pizza. And I would say I hardly noticed any difference between the boxed pizza and this fresh home –made pizza. My two cents - this home-made fresh pizza tastes way better than those boxed pizzas.
And plus point is that you know what toppings you want to add and how much to add. So, make it vegetarian or non-vegetarian, choices and possibilities are endless. All you need is to open your fridge door and see what fresh vegetables you have in stock. Take out and chop it the way you prefer it and pop it in oven and within half an hour your quick dinner or appetizer is ready.
Even if you want to entertain your guest and is tired of serving the same chicken tikka or panner tikka as starters/appetizers, I would say serve these as a new addition to your party menu.Mini Nan pizza is just awesome. What more I need to add to that.....
Mini Naan pizza with Mushroom and Red Bell pepper
- Small naan-6- recipe Here
- For the topping
- 1 cup of chopped mushroom
- 1 bell pepper chopped in rings
- 1 onion cut into rings
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp of crushed red chilly flakes
- 1 tsp of mixed herb
- 3-4 tbs of pasta sauce
- Salt as per taste
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Now line up a baking tray with foil or grease proof paper.
- Place the mini naan in baking tray.
- Spread the pasta sauce generously.
- Now spread chopped vegetables accordingly.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt, mixed herb and red chilly flakes. If making this for kids avoid red chilly flakes. But I would say encourage them to add at the serving table. Red chilly flakes do add great flavors to hot pizzas.
- Now bake it for 10 mints.
- Take out and spread mozzarella cheese or any pizza cheese generously.
- Transfer again in oven and bake further 15-20 mints or the cheese melts and is browned a little bit.
- Serve with cola.
- Toppings can be any thing depending on the choices you make. Use leftover chicken tikka/grilled fish/grilled paneer etc.
- Mini Naan pizza is great way to entertain your guest even. Prepare it before your guest arrive and reheat it for 5-7 mints at 180 deg C and serve immediately.
- This can be included in party menu for Holi this week.
Happy Cooking Friends