-->

Friday, June 4, 2010

Methi Huli Podi Paratha



Hi all,day 5th of my 7 day challange.Good to see many of you droping by to encourage me.Thanks for that.
Alright by now you have well understood that I am hooked to the flavor of Huli Podi . Now, last night when I was making these thought it would be better if I post it tomorrow. I tried to include some chopped methi leaves also. I was little skeptical how my folks would react to this new type of paratha, but overall they have given thumbs-up to me.

Here is how I made them

Methi Huli podi paratha
Fresh Methi leaves- half a bunch or roughly 1 cup of chopped leaves
Huli Podi - 2-3 tsp
1 tsp of red pepper powder
Salt as per taste
1 tsp of oil
2 cups of wheat flour/atta


Method
Clean methi leaves and chop them up finely.
Now knead wheat flour with all the seasonings-huli podi, red pepper powder and salt and also methi leaves.
Divide the dough into small rounds
And working with your rolling pin, make rounds of 4-6 inch diameter rounds.
Heat up a tava and make the parathas one by one.
Cook each side till they turn nice golden. With a help of a spoon, smear some oil over each side. Serve hot with some subzi or chutney.
You may add any left-over dal and knead with the flour mixture also.This way the paratha's turn even more soft.


So far I have survived. Two more days to go now, to finish off my 7 day challenge. I am pulling up my socks and with all the steam that I have left I have decided to climb the uphill ahead. Check here tomorrow if I have posted something to be in this challenge.
Happy Cooking

8 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Ekhane besh meghla ar brishti hocche ... ei paratha ta ekdom perfect ei weather er jonne. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great going. perfect parathas. hooli podi kakhano khaini tabe besh tangy spicy lagche.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love methi parathas ! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like anything with methi..parathas look yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious plus healthy recipe, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharmila,
    besh bhalo to ,garam thekhe ekto relief ..brishti porle eyi rokom paratha khete besh jome :)..

    Sayantani,
    exactly,besh tangy and spicy hoye huli podi ..ekto jhaal er dike beshi obossho :)..

    Rachana,
    thanks

    CBI,
    thanks

    Malar,
    Methi is very healthy and I tried to make these parathas with less oil too :)..

    thanks all for coming
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aamar ektu chaa lagbe Jaya er shaathe!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hain theek to , cha r paratha besh jombe :)..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.