-->

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bye-Bye 2009 -Welcome 2010

It has been a whirlwind ride for us this year.We relocated to a new city in a new continent .And relocations,are always a major issue with me as settling down in a new place gives me chill.So far it seems Ok for us, my daughter has settled well in her new school . As far as I am concerned ,initial few months was difficult ,now I have slowly started liking the place, It is not something wow! for me but not bad as compared to initial months when I was feeling terribly homesick.
Hubby seems to be little satisfied now ,as he can see a better me and our daughter compared to initial few months where he can easily sense a discomfort.
When I was in my growing years OK teen years , if I can remember perfectly every year end on 31 dec or may be 30 dec,there used to be a special telecast of news capsule based on the events that happened throughout the year. That was something I never missed and I just loved my old DD days. and then sometimes in middle of “Chitrahaar” on Wednesday or Friday , all of a sudden a placard would come on the screen reading “Rokavat ke Liye Khed hai” or Sorry For the Interuption.
Indian televisioin industry was just coming into life then and it was pure and novice entertainment .Now we see many hybirids of “Hum Log “, “Buniyaad” “Mahabharat” and “Ramayan”,but the warmth of that good old DD days is missing!!

Keeping in mind that news event in 30 minute capsule ,here is the list of recipes I made during this year.This is my last post of this year and my 1 post news er .. recipes capsule.If you have missed anything then just go ahead and enjoy.
Korai dal'er bora -dal fritters this was my first post of year 2009.
Noton Gurer payesh
Gota Sheddo traditional Gota sheddu prepared during Saraswati Puja.
Methi Matar Malai , this is one of most viewed recipe of spice and curry.
Prawn Fritters
Shoro Chakli- another dosa variation
Fish fritters
Home made Jam
Cauliflower dal and Ol bhate
Liver spicy fry
Shrimp rice pulao and Chicken curry
Corn mango salsa
Omellete curry
Niramish Jhol
bhetki Mach'er chop and lao Shake'er chorchori
Beet shake'er Chorchori
Mughlai Murg Mussallam
Pomfret Fish Curry
Honey Cake
Whole wheat Burger
Mishti Doi- Sweetened Curd
laziz Lauki Kofta Curry
baked Spicy Mustard haddock
Pistachio Lemon Biscotti
apple buns
Mangetout Spicy fry
Black Forest cake
Beet Rice Pulao -this recipe got mentioned in NYTimes foodblog by Mark Bittaman.
and the lunch Box Recipes which was truly satisfying journey ,a great satisfaction on my part that at least I tried to made all of it by myself and I am glad many of you liked it.
Lunch box recipes 1
(beet jhal,Phulkopi diye bhetki jhaal ,dal )
lunch box recipes 2
(neem begun,seem bandhakopi chorchori, parshe macher jhaal and dal )
lunch box recipe 3
(Arhar Ki dal, Koraishuti tomato diye rui macher jhaal ,bodi diye phulkopir jhaal )
Lunch box recipe 4
(dal, aloor dom, rui macher jhaal and pepein bhate)
Lunch Box recipes 5
(Notey posto ,panch mishori dal and ,begun phulkopir jhaal)
Lunch Box recipes 6
(Potol Diye Pona macher Jhaal,dal and notey chorchori )
Lunch box recipes 7
(Sheem posto,begun beans bodi diye jhaal and dal)

This post is going to Srivalli at Cooking For All Season , visit here for more details -Best of 2009

So this it friends, lets hope new year will be peaceful ,happy and prosperous for us.
Bye Bye 2009 ,Welcome 2010
Happy New Year to all of YOU

10 comments:

  1. In one recent year, Mallika Sherawat danced for New Year's Eve on TV. It wasn't DD, needless to say :-)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaya,
    Hope you are having a nice time in the freezing temperature :). Wish you a very happy new year.
    Thank you so much for this wonderful post with so many great recipes, I have already bookmarked it.
    @Sra: This year Mallika Sherawat had one good thing coming her way, she got a fruit shake named after her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sra,
    I thought she was in US,perhaps no :)..happy new year to you too..

    Sudeshna,
    yeah nice time ,well said :) ..its been raining for the past 2-3 days here and no more sunny days ..
    wishing you also happy new year ..

    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy New Year to you and your family dear Jaya.

    And you are so right about good old DD days. I too used to wait to watch the events of the year :-)
    Tokhon aito jhamela jhati kom hoto, boron bhalo kichhoo khobor thakto dekhbar moton.

    Ekhon toh TV'r dike takate birokti laage aamar...:-)

    Have a great start to 2010!!

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year to you and your family Jaya. Glad that you are all settled in the new place :) it always takes time for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I remember the 'rukavat ke liye khed hai' screen coming up every so often on DD! Good old days where we were quite happy with one channel. I don't even know how many channels there are now.

    Glad to know you've settling down in the new place. May the year ahead bring you peace of mind and happines. Jaya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyeeta,

    yeah there are so many channels kinto ekta bhalo kicho dekhte para jaye na ...

    Nags,
    thanks for coming here

    Mandira,
    settling in a new place takes time and hope it will be a good experience for us ...thanks for coming

    Vani,
    yeah one channel was sufficient for us , these days TV is just like watching a movie ,sitting in living room of your home ...
    or may be I am too laidback :)...

    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Dear Jaya! I do so understand you,and I hope you will slowly feel happy and comfortable in your new home!I wish you and your family a happy new year,I am confident you will know to make this new home feel cozy and warm for all of you,especially with all your fabulous cooking! :) Much love,mia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely recap ...

    Happy New year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.